Beat the Winter Blues Social Media Contest
Contest runs Feb. 5 - Mar. 15, 2019
Official Rules & Regulations
- All submissions must contain at least one piece of furniture from C.R. Plastic Products.
- Winners will be given priority to high resolution photo submissions of our products in ice, snow, and cold winter weather.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are 18 years old or older.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of C.R. Plastic Products as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting February 5, 2019 and ending March 15, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting entries on Instagram or Facebook. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of C.R. Plastic Products. You may enter more than once. You must provide the information requested. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of C.R. Plastic Products.
- Prizes: Three winners will be chosen. The Winners of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a pair of Adirondack chairs. Retail Value of prize is approx $798 CAD. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by C.R. Plastic Products. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at C.R. Plastic Products’ discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for C.R. Plastic Products to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries posted.
- Winner Selection and Notification: After the contest deadline, a panel of qualified judges determined by C.R. Plastic Products in its sole discretion, will select three winners from all eligible submissions based on the following criteria:
- How well the photo demonstrates the theme in a manner that’s creative or inspirational.
- Quality of photo.
Winners will be notified by social media direct message on Wednesday March 20th, 2019 following selection of Winner. C.R. Plastic Products shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at C.R. Plastic Products’ sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, You understand and agree that C.R. Plastic Products and anyone acting on behalf of C.R. Plastic Products shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, likeness, image, and statements about the Campaign for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of C.R. Plastic Products. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless C.R. Plastic Products from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which C.R. Plastic Products may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Photo Content Restrictions: Photographs must NOT contain any of the following:
- Nudity, lewd or vulgar behaviour.
- Material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright infringement.
- Other companies brand names or trademarks.
- Photos of artwork without proper license or ownership.
- Material that is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any country where the Photograph is created.
Failure of any Photograph to comply with the above restrictions (collectively, the “Content Restrictions”), as determined by C.R. Plastic Products in its sole discretion, shall result in disqualification. The C.R. Plastic Products has the right to refuse any photo unsuitable for publication. All decisions are final.
- Terms & Conditions: C.R. Plastic Products reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond C.R. Plastic Products’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, C.R. Plastic Products may select the Winner from all eligible entries posted prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by C.R. Plastic Products. C.R. Plastic Products reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, C.R. Plastic Products reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless C.R. Plastic Products and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Campaign; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Campaign or the processing of entries.